Making the most of your outdoor space this summer
- Credit: Archant
With summer on the horizon, the nation’s fingers are crossed for a warm spell so we can dust off our BBQs and dig out our sandals. Homeowners will be making the most of their outdoor space and planning some down time in the fresh air.
As with other parts of the house, door manufacturers have reported growing demand in recent years for glazing products, in this case designed to open houses out to their patios. Whether to replace existing French doors, or to open up a wall currently only occupied by a standard door or window, sliding doors are becoming a popular choice among homeowners.
One of the UK’s industry leaders, Express Bi-folding Doors manufactures and installs aluminium glazing products including patio doors, and they’ve noticed an uplift in sliding door orders.
General manager Steve Bromberg explained why this might be the case:
“As a result of programmes like Grand Designs, people are getting more confident with house renovations and are considering products would previously have been viewed as aspirational. Glazing products are increasingly popular as they flood natural light into homes throughout the year, creating the illusion of additional space. Sliding doors are a particularly popular choice because you can slide them open without taking up any internal or external space. This essentially makes your garden an extension of the house, but is also more family-friendly as there are less obstacles.”
Express has showrooms in Glasgow, Leeds and Redhill, as well as a unique show house in Romford.
- 1 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a luxury stay at The Atlantic Hotel in Jersey
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 8 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 10 Norfolk's beautiful Blue Flag beaches 2021