Slate wine racks available in Hampshire
- Credit: Archant
Good wine deserves to be put on display - and these slate wine racks have the real wow factor - even if your wine label doesn’t
The British love of wine is far from abating - we now consume more than a hundred bottles a year on average - and yet for most these bottles langish in rickety-constructed pine racks or hidden in a cupboard. But designer Ioan Raymond his on a mission to save our wine.
Based in a small workshop near Hamble, Ioan, designs and makes these stunning wine racks from Welsh Slate. Each piece is handpicked before the cutting, drilling, polishing and carving begins in his workshop. A great gift - Ioan can also engrave them with names and dates for special occasions, weddings and anniversaries.
“Being based on the South Coast, I’ve recently started to work with Portland Stone which is another popular and world famous stone,” Ioan says. “Each piece has it’s own markings and variations which makes each piece truly unique.
His slate can be found in a growing number of shops - as well as restaurants including Bistro 8, overlooking the River Hamble.
“I also have a display and items for sale at the award-winning Hambledon Vineyard... and will soon be having a range of items at Newlyns Farm Shop,” he continues.
But to get a real feel for his work, head to the workshop and browse the many wine racks on display. Generally you can look at around 50 wine racks - ranging from storage for a single bottle to one holding 44 bottles and standing at nearly 6ft high!
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
Not much of a drinker? Iaon is also working on a growing range of household items including candle holders and cheese boards, placemats and coasters.
Find out more at slatewineracks.co.uk
• Gareth Jones at Odiham Cake Company - Gareth Jones at Odiham Cake Company has got something of a cult following…Natalie French goes to discuss the latest wedding cake trends - from drip cakes to edible flowers and even something for the boys