5 tips to prepare your home for the winter months
- Credit: Archant
Rural energy provider, Calor, gives some top tips for homeowners wanting to make their houses cosy and warm in time for the colder months.
As summer ends, the last thing you’ll want to think about is the weather turning colder. But with autumn just around the corner, now is the ideal time to start preparing your home for the months ahead.
1.Take a look at your gutters and drains and clear any leaves/debris before the weather turns cold
2. Now is a great time to start thinking about making the switch to an alternative fuel, such as LPG, or new, green, BioLPG from Calor. It can be used for heating and hot water, gas fires, cooking and some household appliances, such as tumble dryers.
3. Check that there are no draughts coming from your windows and fix any gaps while the weather is good
4. Go green with Calor. LPG has the lowest carbon emissions of any off-grid fossil fuel, emitting around 20 per cent less CO2 per kWh than oil, with up to 38 per cent savings if you choose BioLPG.
5. If you’re thinking of buying a new fire or fireplace, take a look now as it often takes up to eight weeks for deliver
* For more information, visit www.calor.co.uk or call 0808 159 7864.
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 8 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey