Wyllie & Mar, Ripley - Surrey's best interiors shops - CLOSED
If you're familiar with the village of Ripley, you may be surprised to see the fabulous new look of their destination furniture store. Celebrating its 75th anniversary, Wyllie & Mar now has a more contemporary feel
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine January 2011
By Janet Donin
Name of store: Wyllie & Mar Address: High Street, Ripley GU23 6AY Tel: 01483 224455 / www.wyllieandmar.co.uk
If you’re familiar with the village of Ripley, you may be surprised to see the fabulous new look of their destination furniture store. Celebrating its 75th anniversary, Wyllie & Mar now has a more contemporary feel but the furniture hasn’t lost any of its craftsmanship or value.
This store is a true comfort zone, from the huge variety of beds to beautiful sofas and classic armchairs – some of which have been restyled and prototyped especially for them. And, if you’re looking for something really special, you can have a bespoke sofa with shapes and covers designed to your specifications, or get an old favourite reupholstered in the on-site workshop.
Here, too, is a selection of cutting edge chrome and leather furniture as well as statement coffee tables and interesting lamps. Carpets, fabrics and an interior design service complete the package that makes up this one-stop furnishing experience.
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
Pick up Surrey Life magazine every month for the latest interiors news and a fantastic reader offer.