It’s a pet’s life . . . Molly the whippet makes it through
- Credit: Archant
A tumour in an elderly dog requires some delicate work from Shane Morrison and the team at Christchurch Veterinary Referrals
The future wasn’t looking especially bright for Molly the whippet. Although well into her senior years at the age of 10, she was as sprightly as ever.
However, a routine trip to her local vets had led to much anguish for her elderly owners. A large tumour was found in her upper jaw and she was immediately referred to Christchurch Veterinary Referrals.
Shane Morrison saw Molly and arranged for MRI scans of the jaw to assess the extent of the tumour. The scan results confirmed that the tumour could be removed, albeit with some difficulty. A section of the upper jaw including the tumour was removed in an en bloc resection using a specially designed saggital saw. The surgery was successful and Molly has made a full recovery.
The laboratory tests on the tumour confirmed that it was predominantly benign and that it was therefore very unlikely to return.
Mr and Mrs Gladding were thrilled. Mrs Gladding has commented that she “can’t thank everyone at Christchurch Veterinary Referrals enough, for the care and attention that they have given to Molly.”
Do you have a question you’d like to put to our experts? Write to Ask the Vet, Suffolk Magazine, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or email us at suffolkmagazine
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District