12 pictures that will make you head straight to Glastonbury Tor
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Rich in history and legend, National Trust’s Glastonbury Tor is a pleasure to trek up and admire St Michael’s Tower. We choose 12 pictures that will make you want to visit Somerset’s iconic monument immediately
There's nothing quite like hiking up to the top of Glastonbury Tor in the sunshine.
Wrap up warm and explore during the winter months, we promise you won't be disappointed!
Maybe you're an early riser who would like to see the Tor at sunrise?
Or perhaps you'd prefer to admire the monument at night?
It even looks beautiful shrouded in mist!
Standing proudly on top of the lush Somerset countryside…
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 An illustrated guide to the ‘prettiest village in England’
…surrounded by patchwork fields…
It's little wonder visitors flock to the iconic monument.
Looking stunning up close...
…and admired from a distance...
…and a pleasure to see from above…
…whatever the view, we won't be surprised if you want to run up those stairs to get to the top!
For more information, visit nationaltrust.org.uk/glastonbury-tor.