12 pictures that will make you head straight to Glastonbury Tor
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Rich in history and legend, National Trust’s Glastonbury Tor is a pleasure to trek up and admire St Michael’s Tower. We choose 12 pictures that will make you want to visit Somerset’s iconic monument immediately
There's nothing quite like hiking up to the top of Glastonbury Tor in the sunshine.
Wrap up warm and explore during the winter months, we promise you won't be disappointed!
Maybe you're an early riser who would like to see the Tor at sunrise?
Or perhaps you'd prefer to admire the monument at night?
It even looks beautiful shrouded in mist!
Standing proudly on top of the lush Somerset countryside…
- 1 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 2 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 3 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 4 6 great walks near Belper
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 7 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 8 16 of the best beer gardens in Essex
- 9 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
…surrounded by patchwork fields…
It's little wonder visitors flock to the iconic monument.
Looking stunning up close...
…and admired from a distance...
…and a pleasure to see from above…
…whatever the view, we won't be surprised if you want to run up those stairs to get to the top!
For more information, visit nationaltrust.org.uk/glastonbury-tor.