18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
- Credit: Andy Morffew / Flickr
Hampshire and its many quaint villages are adorned with cosy chocolate-box cottages that anyone would love to live in.
Since the onset of the pandemic, many people are leaving large cities and moving to the country, searching for a simpler and quieter life.
Last year also saw the rise of an internet lifestyle aesthetic called 'Cottagecore', which went viral on Instagram and TikTok.
This trend is a modern countryside fantasy; think of idyllic communities like The Shire in Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings or Thomas Hardy's pastoral masterpiece Far from the Madding Crowd.
Here is a selection that will make you want to move to Hampshire immediately
1. Moor Cottage, Hambledon
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 6 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 7 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds