18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
- Credit: Andy Morffew / Flickr
Hampshire and its many quaint villages are adorned with cosy chocolate-box cottages that anyone would love to live in.
Since the onset of the pandemic, many people are leaving large cities and moving to the country, searching for a simpler and quieter life.
Last year also saw the rise of an internet lifestyle aesthetic called 'Cottagecore', which went viral on Instagram and TikTok.
This trend is a modern countryside fantasy; think of idyllic communities like The Shire in Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings or Thomas Hardy's pastoral masterpiece Far from the Madding Crowd.
Here is a selection of cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire immediately
1. Moor Cottage, Hambledon
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms