28 reasons why you should move to the Cotswolds
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The beautiful Cotswolds are more than just a view. Here are 28 reasons why it is such a wonderful place to live.
1. Whether you’re looking for a practical family home,
2. … a cosy cottage for two,
3. … something a little more spacious,
4. … a historic dwelling,
5. … a home made from traditional Cotswold stone,
6. … or a rather grand abode… The Cotswolds has something to suit all styles and budgets.
- 1 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 2 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 3 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 4 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 5 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 6 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 9 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 10 These 6 Norfolk beaches have been awarded the Blue Flag for 2022
7. There are some amazing restaurants with plenty of delicious food on offer.
8. If you’re looking for pub classics,
9. … spicy cuisine,
10. … or casual, heart-warming dining…
11. … the Cotswolds has it covered.
12. There are so many places to get your shopping done. Whether you’re hunting for beautiful antiques,
13. … you adore fashion…
14. … or you prefer to spend your time browsing markets. You won’t be disappointed.
15. If you like art we’ve got some great exhibitions.
16. And the family will never get bored as there are so many things to do. Why not venture down to Cotswold Farm Park to feed the animals…
17. … go paddle boarding at Cotswold Water Park…
18. … embrace the dizzy heights of Go Ape in the Forest of Dean…
19. … or take a ride through the countryside.
20. If you’re really lucky, you might even see a celebrity along the way!
21. If you’re an avid fan of music you won’t need to travel far to find a festival. We’ve got one right here…
22. … and some fantastic music venues too.
23. If muddy boots…
… and long walks are your thing, you can hike to your heart’s content.
24. And you’ll always be able to find a spot if you’re just after some peace and quiet.
25. The region is steeped in history. From noble castles…
26. … to medieval towns…
27. … you’ll never run out of things to explore.
28. It truly is one of the most beautiful and lively places to live.
Did you enjoy this article? You can read more about the Cotswolds here...
Cotswold villages: 10 of the prettiest places to visit26 pictures that sum up living in the Cotswolds beautifullyCosy Cotswolds pubs: 8 of the best places to go8 Cotswold spa retreats you need to visit24 reasons to spend Christmas in the Cotswolds