7 things to do at Somerset County Show
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The event is fast approaching so we have picked a few must-see things to do on September 21 and 22
1. Enter the equine classes.
The showing classes are an ideal starting point for those looking to start competing, or for those bringing on a new horse or pony. The Exmoor ponies will also be on show.
2. Cook with celebrity chef Lesley Waters.
Enter your family's favourite Somerset recipe and if you win you get to cook it with Lesley, win a signed cookbook and receive a free family ticket to the show.
3. Enter a team into the tug o' war.
Calling all rugby or sports teams (including old boys) who may like to enter a team to take part on 22 September in the main arena. Contact Sharon on 07739 964843 for more details.
- 1 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 9 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
4. The classic car and steam vintage display.
Enthusiasts may like to bring their vehicles and take part in this event. Vehicles can attend on one or both days and will range from steam, vintage, classic cars and motorcycles and will form a static display throughout the day, with a parade around the main arena at the end of the day.
5. Try some shooting.
Join Double Barrelled Clay Shooting, which runs a successful shooting venue nearby at Podimore and will be hosting a 50 bird clay shoot at the show on both days. For more information visit podimore-shooting-school.co.uk.
6. Enter your dog into the dog show.
Dogs on leads are welcome to the show, no need to preregister and it is £2 per class to enter. To find out more about the classes you can enter go to ferneanimalsanctuary.org.
7. Learn how to Indian dance.
Join Avtar Indian Dance South West and have a go.
Adult tickets are £10, children £5, under fives and carers are free and family tickets are £25 (two adults and two children).
For more information, and to book tickets, visit somersetcountyshow.co.uk.