8 things to do in Cornwall on Mother’s Day
- Credit: Archant
From Cornish cream teas to fish and chips on the beach, there’s plenty of ways to show your mum you love her on Mother’s Day in Cornwall. We pick eight ways to treat mum this Mothering Sunday
1. Go for a Cornish cream tea walk
What’s better than a ramble around Cornwall? A ramble with a Cornish cream tea en route of course! From Land’s End, St Ives and Tintagel, to St Agnes, Harlyn Bay and Bodmin Moor, we’ve chosen eight walks in Cornwall where you can treat mum to a cream tea along the way.
2. Take a tour around Cornwall’s prettiest seaside towns and villages
Cornish waterfront towns and villages are some of the most beautiful in Britain – think rocky alcoves, bobbing sail boats and pastel-coloured fisherman cottages. We pick some of the prettiest harbourside locations to explore this Mothering Sunday.
3. Visit the Cornwall filming locations used in Poldark
Whose mum doesn’t love BBC One’s Poldark (and Aidan Turner)? With series four rumoured to be returning to our screens this summer, Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to take a tour around the Duchy and visit some of the key filming locations used in the BBC drama.
4. Discover Cornwall’s most historical places
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton
Cornwall is filled with history and steeped in mystery all just waiting to be explored. Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to don your walking boots and treat your mum to a journey into the Duchy’s rich past.
5. Have fish and chips on the beach
Nothing beats a mouth watering cone of chips whilst you stroll along a Cornish beach with your mum – just watch out for those pesky gulls! Luckily for us, there are so many tasty takeaways serving up crispy cod and chips straight from the paper. We pick eight great places to get a tasty takeaway Cornwall.
6. Treat mum to Sunday lunch
Sunday afternoons are made for lazing in a cosy pub, a glass of wine in hand and an overflowing plate of delicious roast dinner on the table. Take mum for a Sunday lunch this Mother’s Day and you’ll definitely be in her good books.
7. Go looking for seashells
Whose mum has a vase of seashells displayed in their home? It must be a mum thing! Add to the collection this Mother’s Day by taking a stroll along one of Cornwall’s beautiful beaches and it won’t be long before you stumble across seashells on our shores.
8. Go for a beach walk followed by coffee
Warm up after a long Mother’s Day walk on the beach at a cosy café with a sea view and a latte. We’ve chosen eight of the best coastal cafes with a beach on the doorstep to visit in Cornwall.