Amberley - Sussex’s prettiest village?
The perfectly-formed village of Amberley, near Storrington, is often called the most picturesque in West Sussex
Lying in the Horsham district of West Sussex, Amberley welcomes many visitors thanks to its numerous attractions. These include the Amberley Working Museum, which celebrates the industrial heritage of the region and includes interactive and immersive displays, as well as a model railway.
The village is known for its numerous thatched cottages, many of which have beautiful front gardens in the English country style, and a stroll around Amberley Wild Brooks provides opportunities for adventure and wildlife-spotting. A circuit along the river Arun and across the railway line will lead you to Amberley Castle, now a hotel and an impressive edifice which stands shoulder to shoulder with the Norman church.
For refreshment, the village has tea rooms, including one on The Square, and a popular waterfront pub, the Black Horse, from where you can watch swans floating sedately by. If younger members of the party need to burn off some energy, there is a sprawling adventure playground at the northern end of the village.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 7 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District