An 'Ewok village' for Surrey? Heading for the trees...
A real life 'ewok village' could take shape in woodland around Betchworth if ambitious plans come to fruition.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine October 2012
A real life ‘ewok village’ could take shape in woodland around Betchworth if ambitious plans come to fruition.
The Big Treehouse Project hopes to create three sites with treehouses, each sleeping 12 guests, in the centre of the 25-acre wood.
The aim is to have a destination that offers the ‘chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life’.
If plans are approved for the land, which is owned by the Forestry Commission, building would start early next year and the site could be open as soon as the spring of 2014.
For more information, visit www.thebigtreehouseproject.com
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon