Breakfast with the Sea Lord at Lympstone Marine Commando Base, Devon
Devon Life attended a fascinating breakfast event in aid of Help for Heroes in the Officers Mess at Lympstone Marine Commando Base and met Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, the First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff.
Devon Life attended a fascinating breakfast event in aid of Help for Heroes in the Officers Mess at Lympstone Marine Commando Base and met Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, the First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff. Photos by Anita Newcombe.
The event was organised by local law firm Michelmores to raise funds for Help for Heroes.
Sir Mark gave a talk on topics ranging from Afghanistan to the Falklands and then took questions. We also heard from Help for Heroes who have done such marvellous work in not only raising funds but also raising awareness of the danger our servicemen and women place themselves in on a regular basis to protect us and our interests.
Sir Mark spoke of the forthcoming Strategic Defense Review and the need to support the equipment, the training and above all the people in our armed forces.
The event raised �2,250 for Help for Heroes.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces