A Game of Thrones-style wedding in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
Game of Thrones big day glamour in a Yorkshire castle
A Yorkshire castle played a starring role in a ‘Game of Thrones-style’ wedding.
The wedding shoot was the latest role for Bolton Castle in Wensleydale which is often hired as a backdrop for films and TV dramas.
Its dramatic setting and authentic historic features made it an ideal backdrop for a series of styled photographs with stunning gowns, hair and makeup, not to mention the ‘extras’ which included a stunning white stallion and fire eaters!
Bolton Castle’s neighbour is the market town of Leyburn - here’s why you should move there
Shot with an overall moody feel and a muted colour palette, which complimented the castle, the images gave more than nod to the theatricality of Games of Thrones.
This was helped by the fact that there is little evidence of 21st century life within and surrounding the castle. The shoot was organised for Alternative Wedding Magazine showing a range setting within the castle and grounds.
Says Jacqui Naylor, general manager at Bolton Castle, ‘We love all types of weddings and we are privileged to have hosted a diverse range of themes in our time. Couples love our owl delivering the wedding rings, our roaring fires and fabulous views, so we are very lucky to have such a beautiful location to work with. This photo shoot was just as detailed as a film shoot, and required much planning. For once we didn’t want a sunny day!’
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 6 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 7 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
- 8 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 9 Why are extra-curricular activities so important?
- 10 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms