Cheshire Down's Syndrome Support Group Cocktails and Canapes night, Bunbury
More than 100 ladies met at a Cocktails and Canapés night to raise over �2,500 for the Cheshire Down's Syndrome Support Group. Photography by Jill Thorning-Jensen
More than 100 ladies met at a Cocktails and Canap�s night to raise over �2,500 for the Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group.
Amanda Glennon is mum to Alice who has Down’s Syndrome and founded the group three years ago. She said: ‘The funds will ensure we can continue to offer vital services such as speech and language sessions, a support network for families and siblings and liaison with local maternity units. We also work with schools and nurseries to share best practice in the education of children with Down’s Syndrome.’
The event was held at the Bunbury home of Allan and Wendy Dickson, and was one of a number of events across Cheshire in the lead up to World Down’s Syndrome Awareness Week, at the end of March.
For more information about the Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group or to donate online, visit www.cheshiredownssyndrome.com
Photography by Jill Thorning-Jensen www.jtjphoto.co.uk
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 4 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 5 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 6 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 7 The 2022 Northcote Obsession chef line up revealed
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 10 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try