Children's outdoor theatre at Prior Park Landscape Garden
A special open air performance of Grimms' Fairy Tales is being brought to the landscape garden at Prior Park in Bath on Saturday, June 23
Children’s outdoor theatre
A special open air performance of Grimms’ Fairy Tales is being brought to the landscape garden at Prior Park in Bath on Saturday, June 23.
The production will be performed by The Pantaloons, who have performed at various National Trust properties before and are coming to Prior Park for the very first time.
The garden will open all day and those watching the performance are welcome to bring a picnic for the performance that starts at 5.30pm. The show continues whatever the weather in true British spirit. Refreshments will be available before the performance and during the interval.
The evening promises to be the perfect occasion to get together with friends and family and enjoy the beautiful historic backdrop of the picturesque landscape garden.
“We’re really looking forward to welcoming The Pantaloons,” says Katy Smith, Visitor Experience Manager. “It will be a totally new experience for families here to enjoy the park a little later into the evening than normal and to experience outdoor theatre at its best.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 4 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 5 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
Prior Park is an 18th-century landscape garden, formally owned by Ralph Allen, which has been brought back to life by the National Trust. It offers amazing views of Bath from the Skyline but also boasts the Palladian Bridge across the lakes, one of only four in the world. It offers visitors a tranquil setting to escape to and enjoy.
Booking is essential direct through the National Trust box online at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events or by telephoning 0844 249 1895. Tickets cost Adult �12.50, Child �7.50, Family �35. Running time is approximately 2 hours including an interval of 15 minutes.