Where to get your Christmas tree in Norfolk 2020
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One of the best Christmas traditions is driving to pick up the fragrant fir tree ready to adorn with festive decorations. We’ve found some great places in Norfolk to get yours
London Road, Elveden, Thetford IP24 3TQ
The beautiful Elveden Forest is home to the eponymous estate, described as “a world-class producer and purveyor of local and regional food excellence”. With two cosy country pubs, rooms to stay in and lots of local sellers to peruse in the shop, a visit to the estate makes a fine day out.
Elveden also grows Christmas trees which will be available daily from Saturday 28th November to Sunday 20th December. There will be a one way system for visitors and the trees will be available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
Manor Farm, Salle, Reepham NR10 4SF
With 34 hectares of land dedicated to Christmas tree growing, Salle Farms is perfect for selecting just the right tree for your room.
Open from 9am to 5pm from 28th November to 23rd December, and 9am to midday on 24th December.
- 1 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 2 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 3 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 4 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 5 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 13 Derbyshire-based lockdown films you can watch at home
- 9 7 Essex florists delivering bouquets for Mother's Day
- 10 How you can walk in the footsteps of Dracula in Whitby
Great Melton Estate, Hall Farm, Pockthorpe Road, Great Melton NR9 3BW
Choose between cut Norway Spruce and pot grown Nordmann Fir for your Christmas tree at the Great Melton Estate.
Open from Thursday 26th November until Tuesday 22nd December, 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
Mill Road, Bergh Apton NR15 1BQ
The family owned garden centre, farm shop and restaurant Green Pastures is located close to Norwich and has lots of Christmas trees ready for your festive decorating.
Choose from fresh cut or pot grown trees. Click and collect is also available. Keep an eye on social media for updates.
191A Plumstead Road East, Norwich NR7 9LW
Choose from cut and potted trees in all sorts of sizes. There will be tiny ones which are perfect for table tops or grand ones that will be dazzling for Christmas visitors.
Wednesdays and Saturdays the centre will be open until 8pm and 6pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays then 5pm Sundays.