Coffee, care and cake group offering bereavement support in Hove
- Credit: Archant
A monthly group is starting in Hove to offer individuals who have been bereaved the opportunity to meet others in a similar situation, in an informal and friendly setting.
The ‘Coffee, care and cake’ group has been established by The Bereavement Centre and will run on the 2nd Monday of every month (from 9 March) at Caring Lady Funeral Directors, 38 Blatchington Road in Hove from 10.30am to noon.
Bereavement Centre Manager and Counsellor Ingrid McAllister-Derry explained: “Bereavement can be a very lonely journey, even if you have people all around you. Not everyone wants a support group or to go out and about when they’re grieving the loss of a loved one, so we’ve introduced our coffee, care and cake group. The group is deliberately informal; it brings people together who are in a similar situation and who understand what you may also be going through. It is intended to be relaxed and comfortable but with the opportunity to talk to a counsellor over coffee and cake or arrange a separate counselling appointment if this would help. Joining the group can be the first steps to socialising again but in a safe and unthreatening way.”
The coffee, care and cake group is open to everyone in the community and free to attend. To come along or to find out more, call 07834 449069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bereavement Centre, which is part of The Southern Co-operative, offers free individual and group counselling as well as educational workshops as part of its support for communities across southern England.
• D-Day veteran Bernard Jordan and wife Irene leave estate to RNLI - A World War Two veteran and his wife have left their estate, worth around £600,000 to the RNLI.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire