Cornbury Festival Battle of the Bands 2012
The Battle of the Bands took place recently at Chipping Norton School
CORNBURY FESTIVAL: June 29-July 1
The Battle of the Bands took place recently at Chipping Norton School.
The winner was judged by Hugh Phillimore, Tim Mountain (organiser of Commotion Festival near Kingham) and staff at Chipping Norton School. The winners now get to play at Cornbury Festival 2012.
The following bands came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and all will get to play at Cornbury Festival:
FIRST PLACE: The Reaper – Floppy-haired Year 7s and 8s with their original songs. The local four-piece consists of Joey Kenny (vocals and guitar), Harry Winks (guitar), Joe Llandles (bass) and Callum Woodward (drums).
SECOND PLACE: Sam John and his Disciples - Funky Sam John with a backwards cap and his band played a funk cover.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
THIRD PLACE: The Wayward Sisters. Three sisters from Chipping Norton School singing Pricetag by Jessie J, in Acapella!