Cult Hotels: Flagship hotel The George opening soon
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel concept from the founders of The Lucky Onion sees its first hotel opening in April
This spring sees Cheltenham welcome a brand-new hotel concept focusing on the culture and experience of the beautiful town. Cult Hotels is the brainchild of Julian Dunkerton, co-founder of fashion giant Superdry and the highly successful Cotswold's hotel and restaurant portfolio - The Lucky Onion.
Inspired by the originality and diversity of each local area, Cult Hotels will be easy, accessible boltholes for travellers who are big on exploring and big on design.
The George will be the very first and flagship hotel by Cult Hotels made up of five beautifully refurbished Grade II listed Regency townhouses with 46 bedrooms. The original features are cleverly weaved in with modern touches.
With well-considered practical elements such as automatic check ins and post-box key return, a well-stocked pantry for guests to visit at any time day or night, Cult Hotels will be tapping into the clued-up urban crowd who value design and exploration. The plan will see the brand rolling into popular cities within the UK and beyond over the next few years.
Socially conscious, the team behind the brand love to repurpose these characterful, older buildings and this will be a cornerstone of the brand as it expands its footprint with ambitious growth plans for the future.
Julian Dunkerton explains: 'The name Cult Hotels is a nod to my history and where it all began for me, naturally Cheltenham is home to the flagship hotel - The George. As an entrepreneur I identified a gap in the market to create a new hotel concept that is accessible, approachable and cool. Cult Hotels exists for the savvy traveller who values aesthetic and culture at a fair price. My ambition with this venture is to continue to breathe new life into old buildings and bring a game changing hotel concept to the marketplace.'
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 7 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 8 Inside the Devon home shortlisted for House of the Year on Grand Designs
- 9 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
Room categories and rates start from £105.