Sculpture trail opens at Devon farm shop
- Credit: Photo: Darts Farm
Natural and reclaimed materials make up 30 unique creations at Darts Farm near Topsham
Amazing sculptures made from natural and reclaimed materials have gone on display in a free artistic trail at one of Devon’s best-known farm shops.
Darts Farm, just outside Topsham, is collaborating with talented sculptors whose work can be seen on a trail weaving round the farm and nearby wetlands.
Thirty incredible works of art are on show, featuring willow and wire, driftwood and iron.
With many shows and events cancelled this year and galleries still struggling to open, artists have lost nearly all routes to market during the coronavirus pandemic. But behind the scenes artists have been keeping busy. The sculptures are on display until 13 September.
Michael Dart, director of Darts Farm, says: “Being able to support our incredible artists in this difficult time is such a brilliant feeling. They all share our passion for working sustainably with our environment, creating unique handmade sculptures out of natural or reclaimed materials, that compliment the outdoors and enrich the natural surroundings. It’s perfect for individuals, couples and families and a great way to get outside in the fresh Devon air and reconnect with nature.”
Sculptor Brendan Rawlings, whose work features in the trail, says: “We’re really grateful to Darts Farm for organising this event. It’s a fantastic opportunity for the public to see our work. I’m proud to be exhibiting with such an amazing line up of artists such as Dominic Clare, Victoria Westaway, Jane Clift, Bob Budd, Matt Coe, Ama Manec and Allan Poxto. We really hope the public will enjoy this unique exhibition in such a beautiful setting.”
The Darts Farm Sculpture Trail is a free event. Visitors can collect a map and information sheet at the courtyard entrance.
Have you joined the Devon Life Facebook page yet?
- 1 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 3 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 4 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 7 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 8 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire