Discover the Magic of Opera with Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
- Credit: Archant
In conjunction with the summer programme at neighbouring country opera venue West Green House, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is offering a unique experience inviting guests and opera lovers to discover The Magic of Opera.
Led by one of Britain’s leading opera experts, well-known critic and broadcaster Michael White, Four Seasons Hampshire has created an exclusive experience that offers guests the chance to fully immerse themselves in the magic of opera, hearing from one the most experienced and inspiring opera lovers whilst fuelling their own passion.
Opera is a combination of music, theatre, dance, design and idea that can be as mystifying as it is exciting. Set in one of Hampshire’s most idyllic settings, Dogmersfield Park, a 500 acre ancient rural estate, guests will delight in an inspirational day with Michael as he looks in depth at the operas being performed at West Green House but within the wider context of 400 years of opera history. Over two days and a series of discussions and presentations, Michael will take guests on a journey they will never forget.
After a captivating day of Michael’s entertaining and insightful assemblies, with discussions such as How Opera Works: divas, disasters, dazzling voices, dastardly directors, and enjoying the hospitality and beautiful surroundings of Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, guests will be both prepared and motivated to head to West Green House for an evening of Opera.
Starting with dinner in Mosimann’s the Courtyard restaurant, followed by either The Threepenny Opera or Tales of Hoffmann and finishing with an overnight stay in luxurious accommodations at Four Seasons Hampshire, this charming experience is one of pure magic and certainly not to be missed by any enthusiast.
“These are weekends where the fantasy of West Green House, the style of Four Seasons Hotel, and the sheer magic of opera come together on unique terms - with the satisfaction of discovering more about the greatest art-form in the world,” says Michael.
The full package includes an overnight stay on Saturday August 3 at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, including a welcome reception, lunch, light afternoon tea and breakfast the following day. Also included are three seminars with Michael White on day one and a final assembly after breakfast on day two, dinner at Mosimann’s and, of course, the opera performance itself.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 7 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
• The Magic of Opera weekend costs £760 including VAT per couple. To book, or for more information, contact Reservations on 01252 853029.