Discworld meets Birdworld at Terry Pratchett Owl Parliament near Farnham
- Credit: Archant
Fantasy author and creator of the Discworld series, Sir Terry Pratchett has always attracted some weird and wonderful tributes - in life and since Death found his way to his door in 2015...
This spring, Farnham’s Birdworld has launched the Terry Pratchett Owl Parliament in collaboration with the World Owl Trust.
Named in honour of Sir Terry, due to his love of wildlife and passion for these mysterious birds of prey, the new exhibit incorporates elements from his Discworld books.
Birdworld is also set to host a Discworld Day on Friday April 28, with special guests including key Terry Pratchett collaborators Rob Wilkins and Stephen Briggs.
Already one of the largest bird parks in the country, the 26 acres of landscaped park and gardens are home to over 800 birds and 180 species from around the world.
Birdworld is also home to the Underwater World aquarium and the Jenny Wren Farm.
• Birdworld, Holt Pound, Farnham, Surrey GU10 4LD. Web: birdworld.co.uk***
More for animal lovers
Dame Judi Dench on Bond, theatre, wildlife and her love for SurreyActor and explorer Brian Blessed on Shakespeare, Surrey life and his man caveSir David Attenborough on world wildlife conservation, the green belt and Richmond lifeActress Virginia McKenna on 30 years of Born Free and the battle to save the Surrey HillsOwl enclosures open at British Wildlife Centre in Lingfield
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021