East Midlands Country Fair - Arenas *VIDEO*
- Credit: Archant
East Midlands Game & Country Fair August 2nd - 3rd 2014 Prestwold Hall, Charnwood, Leicestershire, LE12 5SH
The Arenas -- at the heart of the shows!
Three main arenas are at the very heart of each show. First class entertainment is provided by some of the countryside’s top sports names and organisations in the UK.
The Andy Singleton Arena is the biggest arena for performers who need space to showcase their skills. It plays host to some fabulous attractions and entertains all day long.
So much to see with some dare-devil stunts, fast and furious scurry racing, entertaining mounted games, cheeky sheepdog and duck displays, horses and hounds, bigger Birds of Prey, daring dog displays and even a grand natonal steeplechase.
The Countryside Arena is a more intimate area, perfect to watch and enjoy a wide range of country sports and skills with some top Countrymen and their animals.
The Falconry Village & Arena, with its fabulous array of native and exotic Birds of Prey. Majestic flying and free ‘Have a Go’ sessions for children included. Regular falconers are joined by special guest falconers at each event; Ben Long is the guest performer at Thame over Easter.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
The arenas are interlinked and surrounded by a superb selection of country stalls, selling everything from country sports equipment, clothing and accessories to home and garden, crafts and food.
Along with the main arenas, there are supporting specialist arenas showing and demonstrating countryside favourites, including angling, Gundogs, Lurchers and lots more besides.