Five great Devon pubs to enjoy
- Credit: Archant
Each month Devon Life columnist Patrick McCaig from Otter Brewery takes us on trawl of some of his favourite pubs. Have you tried these fabulous five yet?
1. The Ferry Boat Inn at Dittisham
The Ferry Boat Inn is only accessible by foot but if you embark on the steep road down through the village of Dittisham (pronounced Ditsum) to the water’s edge you will see the Ferry Boat Inn.
To read more of his article on The Ferry Boat Inn
2. The Duke of York, Iddesleigh
This is a rural and farming community and as such you will never be short of hearty grub on your plate. What better way to enjoy it than in front of the fire with some local beer and cider? There is a slightly more refined evening option available in the dining room – I however was very happy with my lot!
To read more of his article on The Duke of York
3. The Swan Inn, Bampton
The Swan Inn is well worth travelling to. Exmoor is nearby and there are bowls available to water the dogs. The love of the crew running it and their wares on offer is a great example of why pubs are so important in our communities.
To read more of his article on The Swan Inn
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
4. The Lamb Inn, Sandford
Tucked away nicely at the back of Crediton countryside is a well-established, split two level garden (complete with outside bar) that calls out like a siren for a long lazy Sunday afternoon session.
To read more of his article on The Lamb Inn
5. The Passage House Inn, Topsham
This is a real country pub with a beautiful view of the River Exe. The tide laps the sea wall at the end of the garden. The fast flowing River Exe sits in the middle of a Special Site of Scientific Interest so this is a landscape the local fisherman want to look after.
To read more of his article on The Passage House Inn