Hampshire Country Fair - Falconry *VIDEO*
- Credit: Archant
Hampshire Country Fair 4th / 5th May 2014 Netley Marsh Showground, Meadowmead Farm, Netley Marsh, Hampshire, SO40 7GY
Marvel at the beauty of the majestic Birds of Prey at the Falconry Village. They swoop to conquer!
The vibrancy of the The Falconry Village stands out. A multitude of native and worldwide Birds of Prey gathered together, just waiting for their chance to fly!
The village encompasses a flying arena, an indoor training arena, specialised stalls, static displays and resident expert falconers. Falconry is an all important part of all Living Heritage fairs and has been since 1985.
The Falconry Village has two aims; Firstly, to give visitors the thrill of spectacular flying displays, creating memories to last a lifetime!
And secondly, to create a wonderful area where visitors meet the world of falconry, where they can enjoy and explore all aspects of the sport, including health, welfare and legal issues.
The first ever Falconry Village was introduced at the Sandringham Game and Country Fair several years ago and proved an instant success. Now the Falconry Village has grown to become popular with visitors & falconers alike.
- 1 Recipe: Make our peanut caramel poke cake
- 2 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 3 Recipe: Gin and Saffron Cake
- 4 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 5 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 6 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 7 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 10 How to choose the best estate agent for you
Local Falconry and Hawking Clubs add to the village at shows throughout the year. Their appearances help to attract would-be falconers into the exciting world of falconry. Lantra representives are at the fairs to help with an introduction to falconry courses as well.