High street heroes in Bramhall
If you want to soak up the sunshine atmosphere in Bramhall then this month head for the Summer Festival.
From June 25th to 26th, there'll be stalls, competitions, fair and plenty of family fun in the town, which embodies the Cheshire spirit in so many ways.
Pretty housing, high-end shopping and thriving cafe and restaurant businesses set the scene. But it's the people who live and work here that ensure there is always a buzz about Bramhall.
Whether it's in the Village Square, the main shopping area, which actively encourages performances by local talent in the Piazza, or at the Brookdale Theatre, which stages regular performances, it's definitely got a can-do attitude.
Of course, there's the famous Bramhall Hall too. A glorious timber-framed Tudor Manor Housethe oldest parts of which date from the 14th century, with later additions from the 16th and 19th centuries. The house, which functions as a museum, and its 70 acres of landscaped parkland with lakes, woodland, and gardens are open to the public.
Research by the University of Sheffield has placed Bramhall as the "least lonely" place in Britain. Isn't that such a lovely accolade?
And yes it is noted for its affluence. Indeed, the SK7 postcode, which also includes Hazel Grove and Woodford, emerged on a postcode "rich list" as the fourth most expensive place to buy a house in Greater Manchester.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
So maybe it shouldn't come as any surprise really that quite a number of notable people have or are associated with Bramhall, including Yvette Fielding, actors Peter Butterworth and Peter Barkworth, Manchester City's Tony Coton, Manchester United's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding, Brian Trueman and actresses Christine Bottomley and Wendy Hillier.
Meet your local Bramhall businesses...