High street shopping in Burscough
- Credit: Archant
With a thriving community, you won’t be short of local places to shop in Burscough
A large village located north of Ormskirk, Burscough offers an excellent alternative to shopping in the larger towns and cities. An idyllic community, the Leeds and Liverpool canal passes through the parish, making the town accessible from nearby locations via a cycle ride, leisurely walk or even a narrowboat.
With great transport links such as the Southport to Wigan and the Preston to Liverpool rail lines, there’s no excuse to not visit for a day packed full of shopping, eating and of course enjoying the local countryside.
The town centre is home to a number of independent retailers, pubs and the Burscough Wharf development. From local boutiques to arts and craft stores, leisure outlets and welcoming cafes, Burscough offers the shopper a great variety of choice. There’s even a brand new Booths supermarket opening in July, meaning locals and visitors alike can pick up a few locally sourced treats.
There are plenty of pubs and restaurants situated in and around the centre of the village, so there’s a wealth options for those wanting to dine out when visiting Burscough. Plenty of the establishments also champion local ales, so you may even get to try a new tipple.
Not just a hive for local shops and pubs, Burscough is also home to the Wildfowl and Wetland Trust’s reserve at Martin Mere. Located just a short drive or trip on public transport out of the town centre, this marshland refuge and nature reserve offers wildlife sightings all year round.
David Peeks, Director at Artisan Foodworks Ltd said: ‘Burscough is a busy hub and the village continues to develop with the exciting new Booth’s supermarket, only about 500 metres from our front door.’ The specialist bakery is situated in an enterprise village located on Merlin Park, just outside of Burscough town centre. ‘If you visit the trading estate, we think you will be surprised at what you will find!’
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea