Jimmy's Bluebelles' calendar launch party, Canvas Lounge, Knutsford
Jimmy's Bluebelles' held a calendar launch party at Canvas Lounge in Knutsford
Bold and big-hearted ladies shed their inhibitions and clothes to create a calendar in aid of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association.
The charity exists to publicise and support patients suffering from this rare and debilitating condition, and their families.
The women ‘Jimmy’s Bluebelles’ held a calendar launch party at Canvas Lounge in Knutsford - but kept their clothes on for the occasion.
One of them, Kate Wilkinson explained:‘My son, Jimmy, was born in 2010 at Macclesfield Hospital. He was diagnosed with a rare syndrome known as Prader Willi (PWS.) Once we got our heads around the diagnosis, we were put in touch with a wonderful charity who help families like us come to terms with and learn more about the syndrome. They are known as PWSA, www.pwsa.co.uk. It has taken a long time for our family and friends to understand this rare syndrome and how it will affect Jimmy’s development. The majority of this understanding is down to the association.
‘In the two years since Jimmy was born, my family and friends have been brilliant and have raised nearly �10,000 pounds by swimming, jumping out of planes, organising charity evenings and recently, Jimmy’s dad, James and his Uncle Matt, ran the London marathon.‘Jimmy is now two-and-a-half and is almost walking and talking. He is honestly the best thing that has happened to us all.’
To find out more information about the PWSA or buy a calendar visit www.pwsa.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 5 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 6 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire