Junior Lawyers donate �1,572.48 to the CF Trust
Junior lawyers from Devon and Somerset have given a boost to Cystic Fibrosis sufferers this week.
Members of the Devon and Somerset Junior Lawyers Division handed over a cheque for �1,572.48 to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
The nine young professionals, Mike Smale, Emma Heales, Annika Gleeson, Chris Freeman, Will Hammond, Emily Felton, and Tim Kittow of Ashfords Solicitors and Richard Lewis from Scott Rowe, raised the cash at the Great West Run - Exeter's Half Marathon - earlier this year.
The brave runners smashed their target of �1,000, with Ashfords Solicitors helping their cause by donating an extra �100.
The coffers were also boosted by a dress down day at Ashfords' office in Sowton, where everyone paid to wear casual clothes.
Emily Felton, trainee solicitor at Ashfords and group Charity Secretary, said: "We chose the CF Trust as our Charity of the Year because one of the JLD members was touched by cystic fibrosis when their friend died from the disease.
"We were all thrilled to have raised so much for such a worth while charity and our thanks go to everyone who supported us."
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers