Kent is top in UK for health and wellbeing
- Credit: Archant
Kent took the top spot in a new study into the UK’s healthiest places
Leafy Kent took the top spot in a new study into the healthiest places in the UK and also had the largest number of parks and green spaces in the ranking.
HomeToGo, the accommodation search engine, measured the air quality, number of green spaces, healthy eateries and fitness clubs in counties across the UK to create a final ranking.
Kent was named the #1 healthiest destination, receiving the maximum score due to the many nature reserves, parks and hiking trails on offer.
Leafy Surrey also scored highly for its green credentials (8.3), alongside Sussex (7.7) and North Yorkshire (7.2).
Northern counties dominate on 'fitness' measures offering many gyms and spas to choose from. Southern counties have the edge with 'nutrition' with a large selection of healthy restaurants. Devon has the cleanest air of any location, with London boroughs, unsurprisingly, the most polluted.
The study showed that wellbeing is often just a short train ride away, and in Kent's case, quite literally on our doorstep. So if you're planning to be more eco-conscious in 2020, then let Kent Life be your guide.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings