Kent is top in UK for health and wellbeing
- Credit: Archant
Kent took the top spot in a new study into the UK’s healthiest places
Leafy Kent took the top spot in a new study into the healthiest places in the UK and also had the largest number of parks and green spaces in the ranking.
HomeToGo, the accommodation search engine, measured the air quality, number of green spaces, healthy eateries and fitness clubs in counties across the UK to create a final ranking.
Kent was named the #1 healthiest destination, receiving the maximum score due to the many nature reserves, parks and hiking trails on offer.
Leafy Surrey also scored highly for its green credentials (8.3), alongside Sussex (7.7) and North Yorkshire (7.2).
Northern counties dominate on 'fitness' measures offering many gyms and spas to choose from. Southern counties have the edge with 'nutrition' with a large selection of healthy restaurants. Devon has the cleanest air of any location, with London boroughs, unsurprisingly, the most polluted.
The study showed that wellbeing is often just a short train ride away, and in Kent's case, quite literally on our doorstep. So if you're planning to be more eco-conscious in 2020, then let Kent Life be your guide.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West