Ladies Wot Yacht
www.ladieswotyacht.com is a brand new website which has been developed specifically for women sailors worldwide. Predominantly forum based, the site also aims to cover news and events relating to yachtswomen and their campaigns, women's competitio...
www.ladieswotyacht.com is a brand new website which has been developed specifically for women sailors worldwide.
Predominantly forum based, the site also aims to cover news and events relating to yachtswomen and their campaigns, women's competitions & regattas, along with features relating to new technology specific to the female marine market.
In addition to these features, there are occasions when high profile news stories and announcements not solely involving women sailors, such as the capsize of Frenchman Franck Cammas' trimaran, Groupama 3 last week will be covered. We feel that it is right to include high profile events such as these as they keep the site news fresh and up to the minute.
The concept was born out of a frustration at trying to network with other girl sailors. We realised that nobody catered for girls in this way and that there was an opportunity to provide a totally unique service.
The site is live and has already drawn a great deal of traffic through the search engines and by word of mouth, with the official launch taking place during March with a prize draw open to new members to the site. Although still in it's infancy, it is expected that 'Ladies Wot Yacht' will develop and grow in popularity as time goes on, and there are plans to incorporate downloadable content & SMS features in the future.
The site owners & creators, Jane & Martin West have so far received a great deal of positive feedback from members of the yachting community and from individuals in the marine industry which has been reassuring. However although content will continue to be gathered, individuals are encouraged to contribute material. Editor Jane West commented "Visitors to the site make it what it is, and we rely on individuals to tell us what is happening in their Sailing Clubs and Communities".
With this in mind, you are invited to contact the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07799 221818.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces