Life-sized Polesdenopoly board game rolls into National Trust property
- Credit: Archant
Polesdenopoly, a life-sized Polesden Lacey take on the classic game, offers an unusual house and garden tour from Boxing Day.
Forget Monopoly, visitors to the National Trust property will aim to become millionaires by completing fun challenges to earn Polesden pounds.
“Christmas is that time when family and friends come together and play corny old board games after the Christmas pudding has been served,” says Lauren Milsom, Polesden Lacey’s events officer.
“We wanted to offer something to prolong that festive cheer and so Polesdenopoly is good old frivolous fun; it’s a good excuse to be silly together.”
Players should elect the bossiest person as banker and cheating is widely encouraged, but only when the banker isn’t looking.
Players bid to snap up their favourite Polesden beauty spots and the person with the most property at the end wins the game - and a delicious prize.
Polesdenopoly is launched at Polesden Lacey on Boxing Day and runs until Sunday January 4. Suitable for children aged 7 to 75!
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 3 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 4 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 5 How Louise Minchin will be spending Christmas 2021after I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!...
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 9 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 10 How a unique scholarship programme can improve your child’s education and future prospects
• Normal admission prices apply plus £5 per group of players (maximum five players to a group).