7 ways to treat mum in Dorset on Mother’s Day
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Cream teas, fish and chips on the beach – even organised walks with LLAMAS - there’s plenty of ways to show your mum you love her on Mother’s Day in Dorset. We pick seven ways to treat mum this Mothering Sunday
1. Go on a cream tea tour around Dorset
From farmhouse to country house, tea room to hotel, there are many places in Dorset to take mum for a traditional cream tea. Question is – do you put jam or cream on your scone first?
2. Stroll around Dorset’s prettiest villages
Dorset villages are some of the most beautiful in England – think winding lanes, thatched cottages and a cosy pub or welcoming tea room. We pick some of the prettiest places to explore on Mothering Sunday.
3. Discover Dorset’s quirkiest places
Walk with llamas, get to know an ancient giant or explore art exhibits in a quarry – there’s plenty quirky things to see and do with mum for a Mother’s Day with a fun twist.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 10 Photographic installation raises awareness of isolation
4. Take a Martin Clunes tour of Dorset
Whose mum doesn’t like Martin Clunes? This charming man and his family have called West Dorset home for over two decades and Martin shared some of his favourite local haunts with Dorset Magazine.
5. Have fish and chips on the beach
Nothing beats a mouth-watering cone of chips whilst your stroll along the beach with your mum – just watch out for those pesky gulls! In Dorset there are so many tasty takeaways serving up crispy battered cod straight from the paper. We pick eight great ‘plaices’ for a chippy tea in Dorset.
6. Treat mum to Sunday lunch
Sunday afternoons are made for lazing in a cosy pub, beer in hand and an overflowing plate of delicious roast dinner on the table – and Mothering Sunday is no exception. We pick ten lovely places for Sunday lunch in Dorset.
7. Go for a beach walk followed by coffee
Warm up after a Mother’s Day ramble on the beach at a coastal café with a sea view and a freshly made cappuccino. We pick some of the best places to warm up.