Alan Ayckbourn's brand new comedy comes to Cheltenham
Neighbourhood Watch: Feb 20-25
Alan Ayckbourn’s brand new comedy comes to Cheltenham
“the police are hanging on by a whisker... by that much... It’s not here, mark you. It’s nationwide. One breath of wind – anarchy!”
Directed by Ayckbourn himself, this is a UK premiere, following a highly acclaimed sell-out run in New York.
Things are not right on The Buebell Hill Development. Theft, petty crime, vandalism, all the ills of modern suburban existence are on the increase.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 4 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 5 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
Newcomers Martin and his sister Hilda are the crime wave’s latest victims and resolve to take action. After all, the law of the land, all that’s right and proper and even God Himself are surely on their side. But what starts out as a well intentioned neighbourhood watch scheme soon develops into something altogether more sinister.
Alan Ayckbourn’s hilarious cautionary tale of the dangers of taking the law into your own hands, is his 75th play.
The all-star cast include Eileen Batty, Terence Booth, Phil Cheadle, Matthew Cottle, Richard Derrington, Frances Grey, Amy Loughton and Alexandra Mathie.
Everyman Theatre, Regent Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1HQ
February 20-25 2012
Matinees: Thu & Sat 2pm
Tickets: �10-�25 plus booking fee available from the Box Office on 01242 572573 or online at www.everymantheatre.org.uk