Devon County Show announces new July dates for 2021
- Credit: Archant
Event will move from traditional May date for one year only
The Devon County Show will move from its traditional May bank holiday dates to a new summer slot in 2021, it has been revealed.
The Devon County Agricultural Association has announced that the 125th Devon County Show will take place in July - on Friday 2, Saturday 3 and Sunday 4, 2021.
The County Show, which was cancelled in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, will move from its usual mid-May dates for 2021 only. Mary Quicke, DCAA Chairman, says “we are absolutely committed to holding our Devon County Show in 2021.
“We believe that, by moving the Show to early July it will give more time for the restrictions to have eased, the rollout of a vaccine to take place and life to be getting back to normal. We know that our supporters and visitors really missed the County Show this year, as we did, and we can’t wait to start planning for our 125th Show.
READ MORE: 23 reasons to love Devon
“The County Show takes place on 90 acres of showground just outside Exeter at Westpoint, allowing plenty of space for social distancing. Moving the Show from its usual Thursday, Friday, Saturday to Friday, Saturday, Sunday will allow the busy Saturday crowd to be spread over two days.
“We have taken care when choosing our new date to avoid clashing with other Shows and events and are incredibly grateful to our sponsors and tradestands, who have carried forward their 2020 bookings to our 2021 Show.”
Trade stand bookings will open in January and competition schedules will be available in the spring. Visitors will be able to book tickets via the Show website in the New Year.
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with the latest news, events and people in Devon
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 6 great walks near Dunsop Bridge
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 16 of the best beer gardens in Essex
- 8 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 9 7 fab Devon pubs with outdoor spaces
- 10 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire