New Chairman announced for Petworth Festival
- Credit: Archant
Petworth Festival is set to say farewell this spring to Robin Bryant, who after many years as Chairman is stepping down.
Of his time as Chairman Robin says, “It has been a great experience and joy but the time has come, I believe, to hand over to someone else”.
His shoes will be capably filled by Neil Franks, who recently moved back to the UK after 30 years in Singapore, during which time he ran the Singapore office of Glencore. As well as being an accomplished pianist, Neil has a great knowledge of classical music.
Of the appointment, Neil said, “I am delighted to be given this opportunity to join such an accomplished team that has so successfully staged a World-class festival here on our doorstep for such a long time.”
Stewart Collins, the festival’s artistic director, will shortly be releasing details of this year’s programme that will, as always, feature a core of inspirational classical music to be performed by some top names from the world stage. The programme will also contain some excellent jazz, cabaret, comedy and theatre acts. The festival also continues to provide encouragement and support for young musicians
Petworth Festival is also still on the lookout for sponsors to help support this year’s event.
There is a wealth of benefits for both individual music lovers and corporates alike, who might wish to support the Festival, including preview programmes, complimentary tickets to events, ticket discounts, priority booking (from 22 April to 20 May), invitations to exclusive launch parties and (all importantly) for those attending the St Mary’s Church events, free cushion hire!
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
For those wishing to sponsor the Festival there are plenty of opportunities including single or joint event sponsorship and broader corporate schemes.
Any one interested in becoming a sponsor, (or a friend or patron) should contact Kate Wardle at email@example.com or on 01798 343055 who will be happy to provide more details.
• Sunday stroll across Petworth Deer Park - Petworth Deer Park, 3.1m (5k). One of the loveliest winter walks in Sussex is around the deer park at Petworth. Hazel Sillver strides over its frosty landscape.
• Turner exhibition at Petworth House - A new Turner exhibition at Petworth House celebrates the artist and Mike Leigh’s much-lauded biopic.