New country pub restaurant for Biggin Hill
Champagne reception to celebrate the launch of the Aperfield Inn at Biggin Hill
Some 200 business leaders and dignitaries attended the VIP launch of The Aperfield Inn (formerly the Fox & Hounds) in Biggin Hill.
They enjoyed a champagne reception and complimentary food and wine tastings throughout the evening, plus live jazz music and demonstrations from the pub's cask ale and premium spirits suppliers.
The new-look dining pub on Main Road re-opened following a �730,000 refurbishment and the creation of 25 new jobs – and will now operate as one of Mitchells & Butlers’ upmarket Vintage Inns’ country pub restaurants.
Original features like the old beams and open fireplaces have been carefully restored, but the predominantly traditional and rustic interiors have been enhanced by contemporary touches, such as comfortable fitted seating, snug leather sofas and chairs, layered curtains, plus luxurious soft furnishings to offer a very warm and welcoming environment.
New landlord Allen Kennedy explains: “With our designated dining area and the option of full table service, The Aperfield Inn will be the quintessential country-style pub in the area, with a more refined eating out experience that will set us apart from the normal rural pub. My message to the good people of Biggin Hill, Westerham and nearby is come and celebrate an exciting new beginning with us.”
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire