New season starts at Knebworth House
March 26 sees Knebworth House, Park and Gardens open its gates for the 2011 Season of events for visitors to enjoy
March 26 sees Knebworth House, Park and Gardens open its gates for the 2011 Season of events for visitors to enjoy.
The House with its park, gardens, Dinosaur Trail and Fort Knebworth playground will be open daily from April 9-25, May 28-June 5 and July 2-4 September with weekend and bank holiday opening in between until September 25.
The 2011 season will introduce an Easter Egg Trail on 22nd April and a new-style Knebworth Country Show on August 13 and 14. As always Knebworth will showcase great events throughout the year, with new additions for 2011 with a Morris Minor Rally July 2-3, and an outdoor theatre production – Roald Dahl’s ‘Fantastic Mr Fox – on August 17.
The season kicks off on April 16-17 with the popular East of England Food Festival.
There is also an exhibition of chainsaw carvings by highly-regarded resident wood carvers, Dennis Heath and Dave Flemons which will take place during August 2011.
About 100 sculptures will be on display throughout the garden. The carvings are created from the trunks of logs recycled from the tree surgeons or grown as nursery trees planted to protect the native broadleaf trees.
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
In July visitors can join (at no additional cost) the ‘Meet the Gardner’ walks which will take place every Wednesday and the new improved park shop will feature a much larger range of plants for sale from the beginning of May.
Admission prices remain unchanged for 2011 and represent exceptionally good value at �8.00 per person or �10.50 to include the house – seniors and children 4 to 16 are �10.00. Under 4s are free. Family day tickets valid for four people are �28 for the park and gardens and �37 for the house, park and gardens.
A season ticket is �38 per person and allows entrance to the park, gardens and events for the majority of the 2011 season. Visitors can obtain a further 10% reduction if they pre-book the Knebworth events online. There is no charge for parking.