Nicholas Blyth 21st birthday party, Belle Epoque, Knutsford
Friends and family of the Nicholas Blyth gathered in the atmospheric Belle Epoque restaurant in Knutsford to celebrate his 21st birthday. Photography by Paul Sweeney
A 1920s style party was held to celebrate the 21st birthday of Nicholas Blyth.Friends and family of the Manchester University student gathered in the atmospheric Belle Epoque restaurant in Knutsford. The building boasts period and art nouveau features.
Nicholas was born in Anglesey but his family has strong ties to the Romiley, Wilmslow and Macclefield areas of Cheshire. Relatives travelled to the county from far and wide for the party - some from as far as Hong Kong.
Photography by Paul Sweeney
Nicholas is doing Chinese Studies at Manchester University and, as a keen rugby player, is playing No 10 for their 1st XV. He is also in the squad for the Welsh professional region, North Wales.
His father Mike Blyth said: ‘We have many connections to the Cheshire area. Peter Blyth Ltd founded by my great, great grandfather in 1876 lasted 100 years with factories in Audenshaw and Stockport.’
It’s clear from the pictures that a rip-roaring time was had by all.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
The print version of this article appeared in the May 2012 issue of Cheshire Life
We can deliver a copy direct to your door – order online here