Nicholas Owen and Phil Tufnell sleepwalk with the Children's Trust through Reigate and Redhill
Popular television presenters Nicholas Owen and Phil Tufnell, who are both vice-presidents of the Children's Trust, joined over 200 walkers to take part in Sleepwalk 2012.
Photos: Andy Newbold
Popular television presenters Nicholas Owen and Phil Tufnell, who are both vice-presidents of the Children’s Trust, joined over 200 walkers to take part in Sleepwalk 2012.
Young and old Sleepwalkers enjoyed a Zumba warm-up at Priory Park, Reigate before Nicholas Owen officially started the walk at 10pm.
Joined by his daughter Rebecca and granddaughter Katie, Nicholas Owen with his wife Brenda, led walkers around the park’s lake with Phil Tufnell and his wife Dawn also in tow.
With a mass of shining lights from torches following them, Phil and Dawn then headed out of the park on to the streets of Reigate for the complete ten mile walk under the stars.
Kind-hearted staff at Redhill’s Mela restaurant provided a welcome break of hot-food and refreshments at the half-way point, before groups of families, friends and work colleagues continued their journey back to Priory Park.
For more information about The Children’s Trust, visit: www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk.
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons