North West celebrities turn out for Blackburn Youth Zone
One of Lancashire's biggest projects for young people is well underway – sparking a<br/>night of celebrations <br/>Photography by Andrew Woodhouse
More than 300 guests gathered in Blackburn to stage a party in support of one of Lancashire’s biggest youth projects.
Blackburn Youth Zone is a multi-million pound complex due to open next autumn in the town centre.
Around 3,000 young people are expected to use it every week and there will be facilities for more than 25 activities.
These include a rooftop artificial football pitch, a climbing wall, state-of-the-art gym, boxing ring, studios for pilates, yoga and dance plus courts for badminton, basketball and netball. There will also be careers advice and mentoring.
The party was held in the Design Studio at Graham & Brown.
BBC News presenter, Ranvir Singh, hosted the night and Blackburn-born pop star Diana Vickers treated guests to a beautiful acoustic set.
- 1 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 Norfolk's beautiful Blue Flag beaches 2021
- 7 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
Local lad and design pioneer Wayne Hemingway worked as DJ.