Official opening of Goodnestone Church Post Office - Monday 28 March 2011, 10am
The first post office to operate out of a Kent church will be officially opened by the High Sheriff of Kent, Peregrine Massey and blessed by the Bishop of Dover, the Right Reverend Trevor Willmott, on Monday 28th March at 10am...
Official opening of a Post Office in Goodnestone Church – first post office to open in a Kent Church
Monday 28 March 2011, 10amGoodnestone Holy Cross ChurchThe StreetGoodnestone near Chillenden
The first post office to operate out of a Kent church will be officially opened by the High Sheriff of Kent, Peregrine Massey and blessed by the Bishop of Dover, the Right Reverend Trevor Willmott, on Monday 28th March at 10am.
Attending the event will be the local Vicar, the Reverend Nigel Hale who has worked with the Post Office to get the project off the ground. Mr Peter Wilkinson, South East Area Representative from the Post Office will join the local post mistress, local residents and children from Goodnestone Church of England Primary at the opening.
Reverend Nigel Hale said: “Local people were bereft when the post office and village shop closed just before Christmas. The church community immediately identified that Holy Cross church could provide a venue for the post office and we have worked quickly to make this happen. By opening up Holy Cross for alternative uses, we are placing the church at the centre of the community and providing a benefit to a large number of local people.”
The post office will be situated in the church and will open two days a week. There are plans for coffee mornings and mini farmers’ market to operate at the same time. Holy Cross Church will continue as a place of worship, with a normal schedule of weekly services.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire