5 of the best pick-your-own farms in Sussex
- Credit: Oliver Hale / Unsplash
Produce you’ve picked yourself is hard to beat. Here are some of the best PYO farms to gather fruit and veg in Sussex.
Littlehampton Rd, Ferring, Angmering, Worthing BN12 6PW
Located between East Preston and Ferring is one of the biggest selections of pick-your-own crops in the south of England. Fruits ranging from raspberries to rhubarb and vegetables including beetroot, onions and courgettes are all available to pick throughout their respective seasons. There is also a car boot sale held every Sunday.
Maynards Farm, Ticehurst, TN57HQ
This family farm – founded by David and Mary in 1952 – has been passed down the generations and aims to produce the best fruits for the general public as well as local shops and businesses. Expect to find apples, apricots, cobnuts, damsons, plums and many more.
Hailsham Road, Stone Cross, Eastbourne, BN24 5BU
From April to October, Sharnfold Farm’s pick-your-own opens to the public and you can expect blackberries, runner beans, sweetcorn, and onions. You’ll also find apples, plums and pumpkins for sale in the farm shop itself.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 6 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 7 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
Cherry Gardens Hill, Groombridge TN3 9NY
Right on the Kent/Sussex border overlooking the Sussex Weald is Cherry Gardens Organic Farm Shop. As well as the usual raspberries, blackcurrants, plums and runner beans, you’re also able to pick your own flowers. Homegrown produce is also available in the farm shop.
Oast Farm Lephams Bridge, Uckfield TN22 4AU
Producing fruit exclusively for the on-site shop, the majority of Oast Farm is also available for pick-your-own. Expect a wide variety of apples, redcurrants, strawberries and raspberries. There are also some more unusual fruits available in the shop including quince, damsons and jostaberries.
• 5 of the best ice cream parlours in Sussex - Keep your cool in the sun. We present our pick of the best Sussex ice cream vendors