10 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hampshire
- Credit: Herry Lawford / Flickr
A beautiful village is something we’re certainly not short of here in Hampshire; with stunning views, village pubs and nearby walks, we've rounded up 10 Hampshire villages to visit.
Which is your favourite?
A must-visit if you're in the New Forest, Burley is home to gift shops, art galleries, tea rooms and even a wagon ride! Enjoy a pint and some pub grub at the Queen's Head.
Home to possibly the most famous female writer of all time, how could we not include Jane Austen's Chawton? For a meal out, try The Greyfriar.
Around 4.5 miles from Petersfield, East Meon is the highest village in the Meon Valley with stunning views of the South Downs. Ye Olde George Inn is the local pub.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 6 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
Sometimes known as just Hamble, this village is all about its waterside location and is renowned for sailing and boat building. La Dolce Vita is a highly-rated Italian restaurant, and for a pub, head to Ye Olde Whyte Harte.
Home to a village green and duck pond, Hartley Wintney is a quintessential English village. Why not head to Hampshire Life Food & Drink Award-winning The Phoenix Inn?
Technically a small town, we still think Odiham is worth a mention due to its village vibe. On the banks of the Basingstoke Canal, the town plays host to several events and markets.
Rounding off our guide to Hampshire's villages is Wickham, home to festivals and food aplenty. Wickham Festival takes place every August and was headlined in 2018 by Squeeze.
Vote for your favourite Hampshire village!
• An A to Z guide of Hampshire - Join us on a journey through Hampshire and the alphabet as we look at almost everything about this beautiful county