WATCH: 13 nostalgic videos look at times gone by in the Cotswolds
- Credit: Archant
We’ve found some amazing archive footage that will transport you back to simpler times in the Cotswolds
"Life in Broadway is an amble from one day to another."
2. Great Tew
"Some think this village of dream cottages is the loveliest corner of the Cotswolds."
3. Cotswold stone
"The Cotswolds is as English in character as its native stone is world famous."
- 1 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 10 of the best places to go pumpkin picking in Cheshire
4. Cheltenham Gold Cup
"This fine spring-like day brings an exceptionally large crowd to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup Race and a small field of seven get away to a good start."
5. Birdland in Bourton-on-the-Water...
"The Venice of the Cotswolds, that's what visitors call the picture-postcard village of Bourton-on-the-Water - but there's nothing Venetian about the residents of Birdland."
6. ...and the making of the Lilliput Village, Bourton on the Water
The Model Village is a one-ninth scale replica of Bourton-on-the-Water and is the only grade II listed model village in the country.
7. Lower Slaughter and Upper Slaughter
"Lets break away from the hubbub of town and visit the Cotswolds...life is a very placid thing in this typical Cotswold village and there's plenty of time for everything especially a gossip on the riverbank."
8. A procession to celebrate the "393rd anniversary of the birth of William Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon
"A remarkable tribute to the immortal bard."
9. Castle Combe
"Here is the prettiest village in England. Who says so? Why the British Travel Association after examining all claimants to the title."
10. Charity fashion show at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock
"Fabulous presentation of the DIOR winter collection with guests paying five guineas each to donate to charity (Red Cross)."
11. River Frome, Nailsworth
"The tranquil waters of the River Frome in Gloucestershire make for an ideal setting for Britain's most unusual: the trout farm from which trout eggs are exported all over the world for sport, restocking streams and improving quality of native varieties."
12. Sheep shearing in Witney
"The fleece starting to fly"
"Though the royalty has departed, the charm of Winchcombe will reign forever."