Rugby World Cup 2015 heads to Surrey...
- Credit: Various
The Rugby World Cup 2015 will be taking place at venues in England and in Cardiff between Friday September 18 and Saturday October 31 of next year...
And with Twickenham, just on the borders of our county, set to host some of the matches and Pennyhill Park in Bagshot – which is already the England training base – now confirmed as the team’s official base during the World Cup, it looks set to be an important time for rugby in Surrey.
“We are really delighted to have been selected to host England here at Pennyhill Park,” says Pennyhill Park general manager, Julian Tomlin. “With our close association with the RFU and England Rugby, we’re thrilled to be part of this wonderful global sporting event once again. It feels like only yesterday that we were congratulating England on winning the 2003 Rugby World Cup when the squad were staying here with us.
“Since that exciting time, we have not only been the official England training base but have also made great strides in the quality of the pitch and have added new training facilities.
“What a great opportunity for us to showcase our facilities and all that they offer to our guests but also to give our local community an even greater reason to get behind the England team.”
Elsewhere in Surrey, a number of other venues have been confirmed as bases for the visiting teams too, including Surrey Sports Park in Guildford; Cobham RFC; and Trinity School in Croydon.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 6 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 7 of the best spas in Sussex
• For more information on the Rugby World Cup 2015, visit the official website at rugbyworldcup.com
More for the rugby fans...