Showstopping ‘wild’ hogs hot hoof it into Haslemere
- Credit: Archant
Hot on the hooves of CowParade Surrey, the Haslemere Hogs are now taking over the town.
No, not some raucous new biker gang terrorising south west Surrey, but instead a creative fund-raising initiative inspired by former town councillor Brian Howard.
Sixty life-size swine will be available to sponsor, and these will then go on display around the town in April during the, you guessed it, Hog Parade, before being auctioned off in aid of the mayor of Haslemere’s charities.
Slightly surreally, Surrey Wildlife Trust has recently reported that sightings of real-life wild boar in the countryside surrounding nearby Godalming could be true.
Perhaps they got the invite…
• For more about Haslemere Hogs, visit haslemerehogs.co.uk
- 1 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 8 Timothée Chalamet seen in Bath filming Willy Wonka prequel
- 9 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 10 Spooky ghost tours and ghost hunting events in Kent