Showstopping ‘wild’ hogs hot hoof it into Haslemere
- Credit: Archant
Hot on the hooves of CowParade Surrey, the Haslemere Hogs are now taking over the town.
No, not some raucous new biker gang terrorising south west Surrey, but instead a creative fund-raising initiative inspired by former town councillor Brian Howard.
Sixty life-size swine will be available to sponsor, and these will then go on display around the town in April during the, you guessed it, Hog Parade, before being auctioned off in aid of the mayor of Haslemere’s charities.
Slightly surreally, Surrey Wildlife Trust has recently reported that sightings of real-life wild boar in the countryside surrounding nearby Godalming could be true.
Perhaps they got the invite…
• For more about Haslemere Hogs, visit haslemerehogs.co.uk
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District