You can now stay in the oldest house in Stratford-upon-Avon – and it’s stunning!
- Credit: Archant
It’s only fitting to stay somewhere historic while in Stratford-upon-Avon – but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it in style
Following months of renovation and refurbishment, 3 Masons Court in Stratford-upon-Avon is available for up to six guests to enjoy a luxurious stay in the Cotswolds. Built in 1482, the property is a stunning example of medieval Wealden Hall and is positioned in the centre of town.
Perfect for families or groups of friends, the lavish bolthole sleeps up to six people in three bedrooms. Boasting a modern, well-equipped kitchen, living room, dining room and two bathrooms, the property has been sympathetically redecorated to retain many of its original features.
Original oak beams can be found throughout 3 Masons Court, including within the 16th century oak panelled dining room and the spacious living room, complete with oversized loaf sofas and a fireplace with wood burner.
All three bedrooms are beautifully furnished but the master bedroom is truly something special. Located in the rear 16th century wing, the bedroom still retains its original 16th century fireplace.
In one of the bathrooms an opulent, freestanding copper ‘Hurlingham’ bathtub can be found while the other bathroom boasts an Instgram-worthy, large metro tiled walk-in shower.
On a sunny day guests can take advantage of the enclosed, walled courtyard garden with mature shrubs. There’s even a 200 year Mulberry bush sitting in its centre.
Over the years, Masons Court has been divided into four separate homes.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 5 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire