The Amazing Thailand Festival 2013 returns to Secretts, Milford
- Credit: Archant
The UK’s largest and most anticipated Thai Festival returns to Secretts, Milford this August bank holiday weekend.
The three-day family friendly event, which is in its ninth year, is the perfect opportunity to learn more about Thailand’s vibrant culture and celebrate its aromatic, delicious cuisine.
Lucky number nine is believed to bring good fortune in Thailand and this year the festival organisers are celebrating Life in Thailand and have introduced an Asian Food Market - where Vietnamese, Malaysian, Indian and Chinese food can also be enjoyed.
Daily cooking demonstrations by celebrated Thai chef Mini C will take place.
This year, special guests such as 2012 Celebrity MasterChef winner Emma Kennedy, cookery writer Kay Plunkett-Hogge and professional chef Andy Oliver will also be demonstrating their culinary knowledge and skills.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to wander around the Secretts site and discover the real Thailand through traditional Thai street markets, authentic handicrafts and classical Thai dancers and martial arts demonstrations.
• The 9th Amazing Thailand Festival takes place from Saturday August 24 to Monday August 26, 11am to 6pm (Saturday and Sunday) and 11am to 8pm (Monday). Tickets cost £10 per adult with one accompanying child free (up to 14 years of age). All proceeds go towards the Mudita Trust Charity.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire